Thursday, June 21, 2012

Florida Rain

I sat by the hotel pool, enjoying the beauty and heat of a Florida day. I swam, sunbathed, read my Bible, and relaxed. Perfect! But after a while, storm clouds began to roll in. In less that twenty minutes, the blue sky had turned gray. The breeze had become a strong wind, and huge raindrops began to fall. The pool was closed. I quickly gathered up my things, and retreated to the safety of my room, where I could watch this tropical storm from my window. It was only when I got there that I realized I did not have my Bible with me. My Bible was still sitting on a sun-lounger by the pool...in the middle of a torrential downpour. There was no hope of retrieving it until after the storm had passed. I knew it would be ruined.
After 30 minutes, when the rain had eased, I ran back to the pool, splashed through several inches of warm water, climbed over the low wall, and could not believe what I saw. Out of all the sun-loungers surrounding the pool, there was just one where the back rest had fallen forward. Underneath it was my Bible. It was hardly wet at all.
Some would call it good luck. Some would call it fortuitous. Some would call it coincidence. I would call it miraculous. I would call it a perfect picture of protection, a perfect picture that we can share with our children...of a God who covers us during the storm. 
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge.
Psalm 91:4

2 comments:

  1. What a great experience & a wonderful way to tell it! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete