Monday, April 16, 2012

Ups and Downs

When our family first visited the United States, a kind church member gave me the option of accompanying him, my husband, and our four sons as they went fishing, or going shopping with his wife. Being a family girl, and never having gone fishing before, I chose the former....but I think it may have been the wrong choice. I had envisioned sunbathing on the deck while the boat drifted lazily on the water...but the experience was not at all what I had anticipated. Eight miles out in the turbulent waters of Lake Michigan, the boat constantly rose and fell with the swell of the waves. I never really got to sit down at all, let alone sunbathe! As my sons caught salmon, I just kept my eyes focused on the horizon... the only constant and steady part of the scenery that was not changing.
Life is full of ups and downs, highs and lows. The only constant and steady part of our ministry is Jesus Christ. Focus your eyes solely on Him. When everything around us is changing, He alone can bring calm and order to our lives. 

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrew 13:8

2 comments:

  1. I think this is just what I need to do - but it is soooo hard sometimes Glenys. Thank you for these words. Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog..I love it when people leave comments! And I KNOW it is hard to keep our eyes focused on Him..it's much easier to write the words than to actually carry them out!!! Just became a follower of your blog today & enjoyed reading about Ganga..can't wait to see you! xxx

      Delete