Monday, April 2, 2012

Good News

Good news was waiting for me in the mailbox. 
I peeked inside and saw a shiny, brightly colored envelope peeking back. The words in glittering gold danced across the envelope.....'You have been selected! Your responsibility is about to be rewarded! No annual fee for the first year!' I realized then that despite its shiny, attractive wrappings, this was nothing more than an invitation to debt. I relegated it to the recycling bin where it belonged.
This Friday, I will sit in front of a plain, wooden cross. It will have no shiny wrappings, no letters that glitter in gold, no bright colors that peek at me. Yet in this cross is the most wonderful invitation I could ever receive. And from this cross, Jesus whispers,' You have been selected. Your responsibility will one day be rewarded. And best of all there is no fee- ever... because this debt has already been paid.'
It is Holy Week. Let's elevate the name of Jesus high above everything else, where He belongs. Good news is waiting for us at the cross.
That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,  far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that can be invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 1:20-21



No comments:

Post a Comment