Monday, May 16, 2011

On My Team

A young mom told me a wonderful story about her three year old son who was singing the hymn 'Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty'. His version though was slightly different to the one that most of us know. As that little boy played with his toys, he opened his mouth and sang at the top of his lungs, 'Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God on my team'. I think I prefer his version!
Imagine how these words are going to impact his young life! When the day comes for this little guy to join a baseball, soccer, or football team, he will be able to march out onto that field, knowing that God is on his side. Imagine the confidence that this knowledge will bring to his game!
Friends- you and I can march out onto that field of children's ministry with confidence, knowing without a doubt, that God is on our side. And if God is on my team, I know I will be a winner.
Chris Tomlin: Our God

No comments:

Post a Comment