Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Prayer Room Has Moved...

I was rushing through London's busy Heathrow 
airport when I saw an interesting sign. It read:
The prayer room has moved.
I stopped to take a photograph, and thought how wonderful it was that such a room was available...perhaps for those who are nervous about flying, or for those whose faith requires that they pray at certain intervals.
But how glad I am that I do not need a special room to pray...especially one that is hard to find! My prayers do not need to be said at a certain time, or in a certain place. I can pray any time. I can pray anywhere, in the sure knowledge that God, who never moves, and is never hard to find, is listening. If the children we teach can know that, then we have taught them something wonderful indeed.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen.
When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Jeremiah 29: 12-14 The Message
 

No comments:

Post a Comment