Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Under The Trees

Our shady home
It was a sweltering 92 degrees outside. No wonder no one else was out walking! Most sane people were safely inside their air conditioned homes. But not my husband and I. We had decided to walk down to the local lake...after all, it was only 20 minutes away. Bad idea!The heat of the noonday sun was relentless. The only thing that saved us was the canopy of the trees along the way. We found ourselves almost sprinting for cover from one shady spot to the next. On our way back, what a relief it was to finally be in sight of our own shady home! On this hot Michigan day, under those trees was the only place I wanted to be.
When the pressure of ministry seems relentless to me, I'm going to seek out the shade that God offers. It is constant, comfortable, and it's the only place I want to be.
The Lord is your shade. Psalm 121:5
You Are My Refuge: Maranatha

No comments:

Post a Comment