Monday, April 11, 2011

April Showers....

When I was a litle girl, I never understood the purpose of rain. To me, rain was always a nuisance and accomplished nothing more than dishevelled hair and soggy clothing. Of course growing up in England, rainy days were as perennial as the grass. Never did I dare to venture outdoors without my trusty umbrella.
And yet as I listen to the April rain bouncing off the skylights in our home, I am reminded that rain absolutely has a purpose. Rain will replenish and renew our brown grass. Rain will water and feed the bulbs that are hiding under the dark soil. Rain will wash away the dirt from our driveway. Most importantly, rain will be the source of life itself for those living in a dry land.
God's Word has a purpose too. As we share that Word with children, in some mysterious way, and usually in ways that we will never get to see, it will accomplish the purpose for which it was sent. Just like the rain, God's Word will replenish and renew, it will water and cleanse. Most importantly, it may be the source of life itself to a child living in a dry land.
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and makng it bud and flourish....so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55: 9-11
God's Healing Rain: Michael W. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment