Monday, February 14, 2011

Beautiful Feet...

The latest in pedicures...
I stood, riveted to the spa window and could not believe what I saw. Three people sat, dangling their feet in a fish tank, whilst hundreds of tiny fish nibbled hungrily at the dead cells between their toes. An eye catching sign on the wall above boldly declared:

Fish are good for the soles. 
 
Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of fish pedicures- a beauty treatment that I, for one, will not be taking advantage of.

Besides not being thrilled at the thought of fish eating my feet, I have found a far more effective way of keeping them beautiful.

Whenever my feet take me into my classroom or my community; whenever I can encourage a child, or show them that they are loved; whenever I can lead by example, or inspire little ones to open up a Bible....whenever I can bring the Good News of the gospel to children, I have found the perfect pedicure. Friends, if you are serving in Children's Ministry, then you have beautiful feet too.

And it is good for our souls.

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring Good News. Isaiah 52:7

No comments:

Post a Comment