Friday, November 2, 2012

How Can I Grow my Sunday school?

My dad answered the call to preach when he was just 15 years old. Over 70 years later, my dad still preaches...not by speaking from the pulpit, but simply by the way he lives. A quiet, humble, and unassuming gentleman, the epitome of generosity, my dad never sought to indoctrinate anyone, but simply to witness to all those around him- by living a life of love. As a young girl, I remember being squashed in the back seat of our car every Sunday morning by several neighborhood children, none of whom would ever have attended Sunday school if my dad had not collected them. And so when I am asked that eternal question, How can I grow my Sunday school?, I think about my dad. I think about his passion for Jesus Christ. I think about how he understood that there was a gospel to proclaim, and children who needed to hear it. Time passes, many things change, my dad grows older. He can no longer drive, or fill his car full of children, but he still lives a life of love, and this truth remains...there is a gospel to proclaim, and children who need to hear it. I think about all those children whose lives he has impacted. I think about all those children who would never have heard of Jesus Christ if it had not been for my dad...and I think that I want to live a life like that. 



4 comments:

  1. I love this song! What a great legacy your dad will leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much BB! It really is the perfect song that epitomises my dad's life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad at 70+ years old was out today with his grandkids finding children for our church bus. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful Jenifer! Thanks for sharing that with me!

    ReplyDelete